April 17 at 10:30AM: Abstract Watercolor: Colors of You (Online Art Workshop via Zoom)
Abstract Watercolor: Colors of You (Online Art Workshop)
All rights reserved; Martina Sestakova 2020
April 17 (Friday; 10:30am - 12pm)
Many artworks have been created about the self. In this workshop, join art educator Martina Sestakova, in a visual exploration of your senses and what makes you a unique self. We will take a look at the works of artists such as Sonia Delaunay, Paul Klee, and Karel Appel, while we write, share, and work in watercolors. We will study up on abstract art and create a cool self-portrait. No experience is needed: just your curious self!
What to do/expect:
- Purchase your ticket by selecting quantity of participants and clicking 'Add to cart'
- Receive an email from email@example.com with Zoom link to class
- Ensure you have all art supplies needed (see list below)
- Join in at the assigned time
- Have a fun time exploring and creating!
Supplies for this workshop:
- 1 sheet of watercolor paper (9" x 12")
- 1 cup for water
- 1 watercolor paints (tray or tubes)
- 1 pencil
- 1 sheet of copy paper
Below please find sample supplies (I am in no way connected with these brands or sellers; these supplies should last you for a bit for a variety of watercolor art projects). You are welcome to purchase these or similar items from any retailer.
- Watercolor Paper (Canson XL Watercolor Pad, 9" x 12", 30 sheets)
- https://www.dickblick.com/items/10173-1023/ at $5.07 per pad
- Watercolor Paints (Prang Watercolor Pans, Oval, 8 Colors)
- https://www.dickblick.com/items/00305-1019/ at $3.29 per set (includes brush)
Workshop size: 5-10 participants (ages 16 and up). If you have any questions about this workshop or supplies needed, please email Martina Sestakova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All workshops are conducted in a kind and supportive environment where you are encouraged to explore your own ways of experiencing art while sharing with others through writing and painting. All workshops are confidential.