April 20 at 10:30AM: Abstract Watercolor: Introspective Collage (Online Art Workshop via Zoom)
Abstract Watercolor: Introspective Collage (Online Art Workshop)
All rights reserved; Martina Sestakova 2020
April 20 (Monday, 10:30am - 12pm)
Intrigued with abstract art? Drawn to watercolor? Join art educator Martina Sestakova for a workshop, during which you get to create a unique collage. This class has two parts. First, we will learn about basic watercolor techniques and explore ideas behind colors, shapes, and textures. Second, we will create a deeply meaningful collage through a fun creative process. No experience is needed: just your curious self!
What to do/expect:
- Purchase your ticket by selecting quantity of participants and clicking 'Add to cart'
- Receive an email from email@example.com with Zoom link to class
- Ensure you have all art supplies needed (see list below)
- Join in at the assigned time
- Have a fun time exploring and creating!
Supplies for this workshop:
- 1 sheet of watercolor paper (9" x 12")
- Thin stripes of watercolor paper (e.g., 9" x 12" cut up into strips that are .0.5" x 9", have 15-20 strips on hand)
- 1 cup for water
- 1 watercolor paints (tray or tubes)
- 1 pencil
- 1 sheet of copy paper
Below please find sample supplies (I am in no way connected with these brands or sellers; these supplies should last you for a bit for a variety of watercolor art projects). You are welcome to purchase these or similar items from any retailer.
- Watercolor Paper (Canson XL Watercolor Pad, 9" x 12", 30 sheets)
- https://www.dickblick.com/items/10173-1023/ at $5.07 per pad
- Watercolor Paints (Prang Watercolor Pans, Oval, 8 Colors)
- https://www.dickblick.com/items/00305-1019/ at $3.29 per set (includes brush)
Workshop size: 5-10 participants (ages 16 and up). If you have any questions about this workshop or supplies needed, please email Martina Sestakova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All workshops are conducted in a kind and supportive environment where you are encouraged to explore your own ways of experiencing art while sharing with others through writing and painting. All workshops are confidential.