April 13 at 10:30AM: Abstract Watercolor: Sisterhood (Online Art Workshop via Zoom)
Abstract Watercolor: Sisterhood & Community (Online Art Workshop)
All rights reserved; Martina Sestakova 2020
April 13 (Monday; 10:30am - 12pm)
Concepts of sisterhood and community have long been reflected upon in a variety of creative fields. Join art educator Martina Sestakova for a workshop during which you will get to play: we will learn about Maxine Albro's colorful murals and be inspired by her imagery to create meaningful watercolor paintings (combined with collaging) that explore the roles of human connection in our lives. Enjoy a lively conversation and delve into the powerful world of colors. No experience is needed: just your curious self!
What to do/expect:
- Purchase your ticket by selecting quantity of participants and clicking 'Add to cart'
- Receive an email from email@example.com with a link to class
- Ensure you have all art supplies needed (see list below)
- Join in at the assigned time
- Have a fun time exploring and creating!
Supplies for this workshop:
- 2 sheets of watercolor paper (9" x 12")
- 1 cup for water
- 1 watercolor paints (tray or tubes)
- 1 pencil
- 1 sheet of copy paper
Below please find sample supplies (I am in no way connected with these brands or sellers; these supplies should last you for a bit for a variety of watercolor art projects). You are welcome to purchase these or similar items from any retailer.
- Watercolor Paper (Canson XL Watercolor Pad, 9" x 12", 30 sheets)
- https://www.dickblick.com/items/10173-1023/ at $5.07 per pad
- Watercolor Paints (Prang Watercolor Pans, Oval, 8 Colors)
- https://www.dickblick.com/items/00305-1019/ at $3.29 per set (includes brush)
Workshop size: 5-10 participants (ages 16 and up). If you have any questions about this workshop or supplies needed, please email Martina Sestakova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All workshops are conducted in a kind and supportive environment where you are encouraged to explore your own ways of experiencing art while sharing with others through writing and painting. All workshops are confidential.