June 22 at 10:30AM: Abstract Watercolor: Mary Oliver's Poetry (Art Workshop via Zoom)
Abstract Watercolor: Mary Oliver's Poetry (Art Workshop via Zoom)
All rights reserved; Martina Sestakova 2020
June 22 (Monday; 10:30am - 12pm)
Ages 18 and up
Enjoy a workshop of poetry reading and abstract painting with art educator Martina Sestakova. We will refer to Mary Oliver’s poems for inspiration for intuitive visual explorations. May words be interpreted through colors, shapes, and textures? Join in and see! You will explore the exciting interaction of words and watercolors in abstract compositions. No experience is needed: just your curious self!
What to do/expect
- Purchase your ticket by selecting quantity of participants and clicking 'Add to cart'
- Receive an email from email@example.com with link to class
- Ensure you have all art supplies needed (see list below)
- Join in at the assigned time
- Have a fun time exploring and creating!
Supplies for this workshop:
- 5 sheets of watercolor paper (cut to 5" x 7")
- 1 sheet of watercolor paper (9" x 12")1 cup for water
- 1 watercolor paints (tray or tubes)
- 1 pencil
- 1 sheet of copy paper
Below please find sample supplies (I am in no way connected with these brands or sellers; these supplies should last you for a bit for a variety of watercolor art projects). You are welcome to purchase these or similar items from any retailer.
- Watercolor Paper (Canson XL Watercolor Pad, 9" x 12", 30 sheets)
- https://www.dickblick.com/items/10173-1023/ at $5.07 per pad
- Watercolor Paints (Prang Watercolor Pans, Oval, 8 Colors)
- https://www.dickblick.com/items/00305-1019/ at $3.29 per set (includes brush)
Workshop size: 5-10 participants (ages 16 and up). If you have any questions about this workshop or supplies needed, please email Martina Sestakova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All workshops are conducted in a kind and supportive environment where you are encouraged to explore your own ways of experiencing art while sharing with others through writing and painting. All workshops are confidential.