September 22 at 7PM EST: Abstract Watercolors Inspired by Poetry (Zoom Art Class)
Abstract Watercolors Inspired by Poetry (Zoom Art Class)
All rights reserved; Martina Sestakova 2020
No experience needed
Enjoy a workshop of poetry and abstract painting with art educator Martina Sestakova. We will refer to a Mary Oliver poem for inspiration for intuitive visual explorations. May words be interpreted through colors, shapes, and textures? Join in and see! You will learn the basics of watercolor painting and enjoy the exciting interaction of language and abstract art. Absolutely no experience is needed: just your curious self!
What to do/expect
- Purchase your ticket by selecting quantity of participants and clicking 'Add to cart'
- Receive an email from email@example.com with link to class
- Ensure you have all art supplies needed (see list below)
- Join in at the assigned time
- Have a fun time exploring and creating!
Supplies for this workshop:
- 5-7 sheets of watercolor paper (cut to 5" x 7")
- 1 sheet of watercolor paper (9" x 12")
- 1 cup for water
- 1 watercolor paints (tray or tubes)
- 1 pencil
- 1 sheet of copy paper
Below please find sample supplies (I am in no way connected with these brands or sellers; these supplies should last you for a bit for a variety of watercolor art projects). You are welcome to purchase these or similar items from any retailer.
- Watercolor Paper (Canson XL Watercolor Pad, 9" x 12", 30 sheets)
- Watercolor Paints (Prang Watercolor Pans, Oval, 8 Colors)
Workshop size: 5-10 participants (ages 16 and up). If you have any questions about this workshop or supplies needed, please email Martina Sestakova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All workshops are conducted in a kind and supportive environment where you are encouraged to explore your own ways of experiencing art while sharing with others through writing and painting. All workshops are confidential.